Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The Baltimore Petroleum Company was formed May 5, 1864 in Philadelphia.
The Ellicott-King papers (1804-1837) which form this collection consist of a notebook (1804-1826) of Eliza Ellicott, a notebook (1819-1851) of Tacy E. (Ellicott) King, and an autograph album (1835- 1837) of Thomas King. The Ellicott family of Howard County, Maryland settled in Maryland in 1772 on the Patapsco River about 10 miles west of Baltimore, where Ellicott City now stands.
Ferdinand Jandrisevits of of Bergenland, Austria was born October 1, 1906 and died February 11, 1984. This collection consists of 1 card and 2 letters dated 1935 from Ferdinand Jandrisevits of Bergenland, Austria to family in Pennsylvania.
Flahavan & Willcox was a Philadelphia firm established for the import/export trade in 1784. The collection consists of one holographic letterbook of the company containing letters over the period April 14, 1784 to November 16, 1792.
This item is a large format herbarium book, compiled by Mary Ann Cowan. It contains forty pages with eighty-eight specimens, each identified with a botanical and common name. The item was created in 1835 and further inscribed in 1911.
The manuscripts in this artificial collection are largely the records of Philadelphia merchants dealing with Baltimoreans in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.