Found in 32 Collections and/or Records:
Manuscript minute book kept by Baltimore, Maryland's Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church's Board of Trustees from 1865 (8 years after building started) to the church's closing in 1927.
The Peabody Computer Music Department originated from the Peabody Electronic Music Studio, founded by composer Jean Eichelberger Ivey in 1969, and the Peabody Computer Music Studio, founded by Geoffrey Wright in 1982. The Peabody Computer Music Department records, 1985-2002, contain administrative files related to the department's major public events, faculty and staff meetings, and the Peabody Ventures technology transfer program.
The Baltimore-area musical group Cross Country performed folk music in the 1980s and early 1990s. The collection contains the trio's administrative documents, photographs, and recordings.
The records of the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences cover the administrative functions of the department from 1933 to 1993 (bulk of the files from 1951-1993). The records include departmental correspondence, committee files, subject files, memoranda, and policy statements.
The Theater Chamber Players, founded by Peabody Institute faculty members Dina Koston and Leon Fleisher, were a chamber music ensemble that featured 20th-century music and was based primarily in Washington, D.C., from 1968 to 2003. The TCP records include administrative and business documents, correspondence, working files, concert programs, publicity material, photographs, recordings, scores, and reference material.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Italian Studies at Villa Spelman was established in the early 1970s in accordance with the bequest of Leolyn and Timothy Mather Spelman. The property was sold by the university in September 2008. This collection consists of records of the Villa Spelman from 1961 to 2006; the bulk of the material dates from 1980 to 2000.