Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Collection — Box: 1 , Folder: 9
Overview This collection includes a first edition copy of the first issue of Duke magazine, published in June 1957. Duke was publised by the Duke Publishing Company and ran for six issues.
Collection — Container: 1 
Overview This item is a prisoner-of-war camp journal made up of three issues prepared in April, May and July of 1943 by three French internees at the Baltic port of Wismar. There is currently no biographical information on the creators.
Overview A native of Baltimore, Gilbert V. Levin obtained his B.E. in Civil Engineering from Johns Hopkins University in 1947 and his M.S. in Sanitary Engineering in 1948, and received his Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering in 1963. He is the founder of Spherix Inc., and the principal investigator of the Mars Viking Mission Labeled Release Experiment. This collection of his papers represents Levin’s professional scientific career, including correspondence with colleagues, the pursuit of over 50...
Overview The Johns Hopkins University Graduate Representative Organization (GRO) was founded in 1978 to advocate for, and represent, the needs of graduate students at Johns Hopkins University - Homewood Division. This collection consists of volumes of the student guidebook published by the GRO, which was given to students annually as a supplement to the official university-provided orientation. The volumes in this collection date from the 1980s.
Overview Hopkins Spectator (renamed Homewood Spectator in May 1992) was a Johns Hopkins University student publication funded by the Johns Hopkins College Republicans. This collection consists of issues from 1988-1995.
Overview The Johns Hopkins University Billie Holiday collection is an artificially assembled collection with manuscript material chosen by the curators of Special Collections, dating from approximately 1949 to 1993. The collection features eight items related to the life, career, and death of jazz singer Billie Holiday, 1915-1959. Holiday, or "Lady Day," was known for her disctinct vocal delivery and had a profound influence on jazz and blues music.
Overview Josephine Jacobsen was a poet, short story writer, and literary critic. She was educated by private tutors at Roland Park Country School and graduated in 1926. Jacobsen's papers include drafts of her works, correspondence, photographs, and other materials. They range from the 1920s to 1982.
Overview A zine is most commonly a small circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts and images usually reproduced via photocopier. This collection of zines was assembled by curators within Special Collections and were printed between 2007 to 2013.
Overview Kent D. Currie was an expert of printing and typography who lived in Baltimore, Maryland. The bulk of the collection is formed by Currie's collection of type samples. It includes brochures from Europe, in particular Holland and United States, with a significant attention to Baltimorean type designers. Noteworthy is also Currie's correspondence. The papers span the 1920s to 1950s.
Collection — Box: 1 
Overview The Maya Society of Johns Hopkins University was responsible for publishing the Maya Society Quarterly. This periodical aimed to "stimulate research into the languages, history and culture of the Maya." This collection contains three issues of the Maya Society Quarterly, dated December 1931, March 1932, and June 1932.
- Subject: magazines (periodicals) X
- Special Collections 14
- Peabody Archives 3
- Johns Hopkins University 6
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 2
- American Center of P.E.N. 1
- Authors Guild Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Baltimore City Paper 1
- Barth, John, 1930- 1
- Barth, Shelly 1
- Beaudoin, André 1
- Black and Blue Jay 1
- Bouton, Edward H., 1858-1941 1
- Bradbury, Ray, 1920-2012 1
- Burley, Dan, 1907-1962 1
- Caldwell, Erskine, 1903-1987 1
- Claire, William F. 1
- Currie, Kent D. 1
- Dufty, William, 1916-2002 1
- Duke Publishing Company 1
- Eury, Roger 1
- George Polk Awards 1
- Goudy, Frederic W. (Frederic William), 1865-1947 1
- Graduate Representative Organization 1
- Greenleaf Publishing Company 1
- Guérin, Georges 1
- Hansen, Rodney, 1933-1998 1
- Hess, Sol, 1886-1953 1
- Himes, Chester B., 1909-1984 1
- Holiday, Billie, 1915-1959 1
- Jacobsen, Josephine, 1908- 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Ferdinand Hamburger, Jr. Archives 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Hopkins Spectator 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Peabody Institute 1
- Kansas Magazine Publishing Association 1
- Levin, Gilbert V. 1
- Literary Enterprises, Inc. 1
- Maher Publications 1
- Maya Society 1
- Mowbray, John, 1895-1985 1
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997) 1
- New York University 1
- Offit, Avodah K. 1
- Offit, Sidney, 1928- 1
- Ortmann, Otto, 1889-1979 1
- Ortmann-Seletzky, Dorothea 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854-) 1
- Roland Park Company 1
- Sandtown Children of Praise Choir (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Show Magazine, Inc. 1
- Spherix Incorporated 1
- Viking Mars Program (U.S.) 1
- Zone Productions 1 ∧ less