Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview Adolf Katzenellenbogen, internationally known art historian, was born in Germany in Frankfurt-am-Main on August 19, 1901. He was educated at the universities of Freiburg, Leipzig, Munich, Frankfurt and Giessen in 1924, and he received a doctor of philosophy degree in 1933 at the University of Hamburg. Katzenellenbogen joined the faculty of Vassar College in 1940 and remained there until 1958 when he came to Johns Hopkins University as full professor and department chairman. A specialist in the...
Overview The Austin Conradi papers contain concert programs, school essays, newspaper clippings, correspondence, scores, and a photograph relating to the life and career of pianist Austin Conradi.
Overview Carl F. (Finley) Christ (1923-2017) was an American economist and a Professor Emeritus of Economics at Johns Hopkins University. This collection contains his administrative files, teaching materials, writings, correspondence, and research subject files. The papers span from 1931 to 2006.
Collection — Box: 1 
Overview Collection consists of an untitled, hand-written essay written in Italian and dated December 2, 1803. The essay describes the restoration in 1803 of the "Castelfranco Altarpiece," a painting by Giorgione.
Overview Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji was a renowned pianist and composer whose complex music is rarely performed. The collection contains published writings as well as photocopied scores of Sorabji's music for piano, chamber ensembles, orchestra, organ, and voice.
Overview Douglas Huntly Gordon, Jr. was born in Baltimore in 1903. During the 1930s, he served in the Maryland legislature. In 1938, he founded the Mount Vernon Improvement Association and spent much of the rest of his life fighting to retain the original architectural integrity of Baltimore's Mount Vernon Place. He was also a founder of the Johns Hopkins University Milton S. Eisenhower Library's Friends of the Library. The collection of Douglas Huntly Gordon, Jr. consists mostly of items related to his...
Overview Henrietta G. Baker Low was instrumental in establishing the music teacher education program at the Peabody Conservatory. Her papers contain personal essays describing her work as well as a pamphlet outlining public school curricula in Baltimore.
Overview These papers consist of writings, diaries, printed material, photographs, and correspondence relating to NASA administrator and Johns Hopkins University alumnus Hugh L. Dryden's personal and professional life. Also included are his student work, diaries, sermons, awards, and honorary degrees. The overall collection spans from 1908 to 1966.
Collection — Box: 1 , Folder: 11
Overview This collection consists of an essay titled, “The BITCH Manifesto,” considered to be one of the leading texts of the Second Wave Feminist movement, and one of the earliest examples of language reclamation made by a social movement. The essay was written by Jo Freeman, under her movement name "Joreen," and originally published in 1970.
Overview Paul Vacek was a violinist, pianist, and composer (using the pen name Paul Vazkén) who studied at the Peabody Conservatory of Music from 1946 to 1949. His papers contain manuscript scores of his compositions and arrangements, drafts and fragments of manuscript scores, and personal papers.
- Subject: essays X
- Special Collections 9
- Peabody Archives 4
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics 1
- Aylett, Judith Page Waller, 1804-1860 1
- Baker, Thomas H. 1
- Balsafiori, Arriano 1
- Burnham, Donald L. 1
- Cathedrale de Chartres 1
- Chow, Wei-liang, 1911-1995 1
- Christ, Carl F. 1
- Conradi, Austin 1
- Conradi, Connie 1
- Costanzo family 1
- Dryden, Hugh L. (Hugh Latimer), 1898-1965 1
- Ely, Richard T. (Richard Theodore), 1854-1943 1
- Federici, Domenico Maria, 1739-1808 1
- Freeman, Jo. 1
- Giorgione, 1477-1511 1
- Glennan, Thomas Keith, 1905-1995 1
- Gordon, Douglas Huntly, Jr., 1903-1986 1
- Gordon, Douglas Huntly, Sr., 1867-1918 1
- Gray, Robert, 1876- 1
- Habermann, Michael 1
- Institute of the Aeronautical Sciences (U.S.) 1
- International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics 1
- Johns Hopkins University 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of Political Economy 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of the History of Art 1
- Johnson, Ray, 1927-1995 1
- Katzenellenbogen, Adolf, 1901-1964 1
- Low, Henrietta Baker, 1869-1960 1
- National Academy of Engineering 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- National Geographic Society (U.S.) 1
- Seamans, Robert C. 1
- Sorabji, Kaikhosru Shapurji, 1892-1988 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Scientific Advisory Group 1
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics 1
- United States. Naval Research Advisory Committee 1
- United States.. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1
- Vazkén, Paul 1
- Von Kármán, Theodore, 1881-1963 1
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 1
- Webb, James E. (James Edwin), 1906-1992 1
- Wilson, May, 1905-1986 1
- Wilson, William S., 1932- 1 ∧ less