Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Overview The Affirmative Action Office evolved out of the University's Affirmative Action Program, formulated in June 1970, in order to increase employment of minorities and females within the University. Yvonne Theodore was appointed Affirmative Action Officer in August 1971, and was under the jurisdiction of Joseph Rumburger, Director of Personnel Services and Director of Equal Employment Opportunity Programs. The records of the Affirmative Action Office range in date from 1970 to 1980 and include...
Overview The records of the Centennial Celebration document the activities of the Office of Centennial Planning, the Centennial Board, and committees in preparing for the various social festivities, symposia, and other commemorative events undertaken to celebrate Hopkins's hundredth anniversary in 1976.
Overview A collection of very rare original hand written documents from the Chinese Cultural Revolution era.
Collection — Container: 1 
Overview Erna Magnus was born in Hamburg, Germany in 1896, and was an author and educator in both Germany and the United States. The collection consists of two items: a typescript manuscript of Magnus's study, "Gainfully Employed Women in Chicago," (1943) and a travel diary written in German describing a trip to Germany, July 15-August 28, 1974.
Abstract Frederic Chapin Lane was a professor of history at Johns Hopkins and a leading scholar of the Italian Renaissance. The papers span the years 1943-1984 during which he was teaching at Johns Hopkins and conducting extensive research for his writings on the history of Venice in the 14th and 15th centuries.
Overview In October 1986, President Steven Muller appointed Vice President Joseph S. Hall to head the Human Climate Task Force at Homewood. This Task Force was charged with recommending improved procedures and processes for the resolution of specific problems such as the status of women, academic dishonesty, and faculty-student relations. On October 23, 1987, the final report of their findings was submitted to the President. The records of the Human Climate Task Force span the years 1985 to 1988 with...
Overview The first meeting of the Committee on the Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration was held on December 16, 1924, under the chairmanship of Frank J. Goodnow, President of the University. The goals of the Committee in planning the celebration were to establish closer relations with alumni and to secure endowments of approximately eleven million dollars. The records of the Half Century Celebration date from December 1924 to November 1926, the year the anniversary took place. The records include: minutes;...
Overview Planning for the celebration commemorating the twenty fifth anniversary began on January 6, 1900 when the Academic Council recommended that the Board of Trustees appoint a date for the anniversary celebration. The records of the Twenty Fifth Anniversary Celebration range in date from January 1900 to February 1902. The collection documents quite completely the activities planned for the Celebration, including Daniel Coit Gilman's farewell address and Ira Remsen's inaugural speech.
Overview The Women’s Forum officially began with the first meeting of the advisory board on October 10, 1987. The Women’s Forum describes itself in its mission statement as being, “an advocacy organization established to improve the status of women, and thereby the human climate, in all divisions of the university. The Forum also seeks to facilitate communications among Hopkins women and to support and foster their professional development through education, social, and cultural programs and...
Scope and Contents Collection consists largely of research notes, interview tapes, drafts and correspondence relating to seven of Lasson's books and legal articles. The material dates from 1966 to 1990. The material in this collection relates almost entirely to Lasson's writings, especially his books, and reflects his interest in the interaction between U.S. citizens and their government. Most of the articles appeared in law journals (1985-90) and deal with racism and free speech, racism in higher education,...
- Subject: case files X
- Johns Hopkins University 6
- Ames, Joseph Sweetman, 1864-1943 1
- Bowman, Isaiah, 1878-1950 1
- Brody, William R. 1
- Bronk, Detlev W. (Detlev Wulf), 1897-1975 1
- Centennial Celebration 1
- China Classics 1
- Clayton and Colleagues, Inc. 1
- Eisenhower, Milton Stover, 1899-1985 1
- Eldridge, Jamie 1
- Fishbein, Estelle A. 1
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908 1
- Goodnow, Frank J., 1859-1939 1
- Gordon, Lincoln 1
- Human Climate Task Force 1
- Human Climate Task Force. Women and Minorities Subcommittee 1
- Inland Steel Company 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Administrative Committee 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of Experimental and Theoretical Mechanics 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of History 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of Mechanical Engineering 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of Mechanics 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Office of State Relations 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Office of the President 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Office of the Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs 1
- Johns Hopkins University. The Office of Federal Affairs 1
- Kronk, Annie K. 1
- Lane, Frederic C. (Frederic Chapin), 1900-1984 1
- Lasson, Kenneth 1
- Leach, Edmund Ronald, 1910-1989 1
- Lévi-Strauss, Claude, 1908-2009 1
- Magnus, Erna, 1896- 1
- Marvalaud Inc. 1
- Mintz, Sidney W. (Sidney Wilfred), 1922-2015 1
- Morgan, Julie 1
- Muller, Steven, 1927-2013 1
- Nader, Ralph 1
- Office of Affirmative Action 1
- Office of Communications and Public Affairs 1
- Office of General Counsel 1
- Office of the Vice President and General Counsel 1
- Osgood, Robert Endicott, 1921-1986 1
- Pond, Robert B., 2007- 1
- Reed, Lowell J. (Lowell Jacob), 1886- 1
- Remsen, Ira, 1846-1927 1
- Richardson, William C. 1
- Student Activities Commission 1
- Student Council 1
- University Planning Committee 1
- Wolf, Eric R., 1923-1999 1
- Woman's Forum 1
- Worthy, William, 1921-2014 1 ∧ less