Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Scope and Contents These are the records of the Advisory Council to the School of Advanced International Studies, which includes committees on Academic Planning, Development and Finance, and the Visiting Committees. The records date from 1958 to 1992 and are arranged in three series: (1) Meetings, 1963-1992; (2) Committees, 1959-1991; and (3) Administrative Records, 1958-1973. The record group contains minutes, correspondence, reports, budgetary records and memoranda. In general, the subjects treated in the...
Scope and Content Note This record group, spanning the years 1949 to 1985, consists principally of the records of two Deans of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies: Michael K. Hooker, who served from 1978 to 1982, and Lucien M. Brush, who served from 1982 until the office was abolished in 1985. The record group is divided into two series: (1) Academic Records; and (2) Student Services Records. The first series consists primarily of memoranda, correspondence and meeting agendas, relating to the deans' major...
Overview Carl F. (Finley) Christ (1923-2017) was an American economist and a Professor Emeritus of Economics at Johns Hopkins University. This collection contains his administrative files, teaching materials, writings, correspondence, and research subject files. The papers span from 1931 to 2006.
Scope and Contents The records of the Advisory Board of the School of Engineering consist of minutes of meetings of the Advisory Board dating from March 1913 to June 1966, and are primarily complete during that period. The minutes are arranged chronologically in bound volumes and folders, with a card index accompanying them. Members of the Advisory Board in 1913 were: Joseph S. Ames, Frank Morley, [William Lorenzo?] Moss, Carl Thomas, Charles Tilden, William H. Welch, and John B. Whitehead. The committee met once...
Overview On August 24, 1867, Johns Hopkins incorporated the two institutions which bear his name: Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital. The original members of the Boards of Trustees for the two institutions were named in the Certificate of Incorporation. The records of the Board of Trustees span the years 1867 through 2012, although, with the exception of the bound volumes of minutes, relatively little exists for the years prior to 1925. The records document the activities of the Johns...
Collection — Box: 1 
Overview Abraham Lincoln Gordon (1913–2009) was the 9th President of the Johns Hopkins University (1967–1971) and a United States Ambassador to Brazil (1961–1966). Collection consists of biographical material, speeches (1967-1971), and clippings describing Lincoln Gordon's appointment as president of The Johns Hopkins University.
Abstract The records of the Office of the President span the years 1878 through 1997, although only scattered files contain items from the years prior to 1903.
Overview The records of the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences cover the administrative functions of the department from 1933 to 1993 (bulk of the files from 1951-1993). The records include departmental correspondence, committee files, subject files, memoranda, and policy statements.
Overview The records of the Office of the Provost span the years 1930 to 2005, although records are rather scant prior to 1942. This record group includes subject files, budget records, academic department and division records and visiting committee records.
Scope and Contents The records of the School of Advanced International Studies Hopkins-Nanjing Program range in date from 1982 to 1998. The records document the daily administrative activities of the center and the faculty members and students who have participated in the program. Included in the administration records are telex and fax correspondence and memos used by the Office of the Executive Director of the program to communicate with the program center in China. The records also include student records and...
- Subject: Universities and colleges--Administration X
- Johns Hopkins University 11
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908 2
- Gordon, Lincoln 2
- Muller, Steven, 1927-2013 2
- School of Advanced International Studies. Office of Admissions 2
- Ames, Joseph Sweetman, 1864-1943 1
- Angell, James Burrill, 1829-1916 1
- Benton, George Stock, 1917-1999 1
- Berry, Edward Wilber, 1875-1945 1
- Bevan, William, 1922- 1
- Bowman, Isaiah, 1878-1950 1
- Brody, William R. 1
- Bronk, Detlev W. (Detlev Wulf), 1897-1975 1
- Christ, Carl F. 1
- Cox, Richard Threlkeld, 1898-1991 1
- Cullen, Thomas Stephen, 1868-1953 1
- Eisenhower, Milton Stover, 1899-1985 1
- Eliot, Charles William, 1834-1926 1
- Evans, George Herberton, 1900-1979 1
- Goodnow, Frank J., 1859-1939 1
- Haines, C. Grove (Charles Grove), 1906- 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Administrative Committee 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Dean of Academic Programs 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Dean of Academic Services 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Office of the Executive Vice President 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Office of the President 1
- Johns Hopkins University. School of Advanced International Studies. Office of Student Affairs 1
- Johns Hopkins University. School of Engineering 1
- Johns Hopkins University. School of Engineering. Advisory Board 1
- Johnson, Reverdy, 1821-1907 1
- Kimball, Allyn 1
- Leeds, Roger S. 1
- Longaker, Richard P. 1
- Newman, Sharon 1
- Office of the Associate Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies 1
- Office of the Board of Trustees 1
- Office of the Provost 1
- Reed, Lowell J. (Lowell Jacob), 1886- 1
- Remsen, Ira, 1846-1927 1
- Richardson, William C. 1
- School of Advanced International Studies. Advisory Council 1
- School of Advanced International Studies. Hopkins Nanjing Center 1
- School of Advanced International Studies. Office of Development and Alumni Relations 1
- School of Advanced International Studies. Office of the Dean for Student Affairs 1
- School of Arts and Sciences. Office of the Dean 1
- Speidel, William Miller, 1935- 1
- Suskind, Sigmund R. 1
- White, Andrew Dickson, 1832-1918 1
- Wilcox, Francis O. (Francis Orlando), 1908-1985 1
- Wilson, Dottie 1
- Woolf, Harry, 1923-2003 1 ∧ less