Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview A collection of very rare original hand written documents from the Chinese Cultural Revolution era.
Collection — Box: 1 
Overview This Commonplace book is a handwritten, bound manuscript of the late seventeenth century written in English. Subjects in the Commonplace book include asking advice and counseling, battles, boasting, how to make a conquest of another country, fear, the way to procure friends, and how to deal with a vanquished enemy.
Overview Douglas Huntly Gordon, Jr. was born in Baltimore in 1903. During the 1930s, he served in the Maryland legislature. In 1938, he founded the Mount Vernon Improvement Association and spent much of the rest of his life fighting to retain the original architectural integrity of Baltimore's Mount Vernon Place. He was also a founder of the Johns Hopkins University Milton S. Eisenhower Library's Friends of the Library. The collection of Douglas Huntly Gordon, Jr. consists mostly of items related to his...
Overview Francis Lieber was a publicist, educator, and political philosopher born in Berlin on March 18, 1800. The Lieber Papers span the years from 1829 to 1873 and include correspondence; interleaved copies of Lieber's books; a small number of original manuscripts; printed speeches, lectures, articles and poems; administrative materials, printed briefs and manuscript decisions for the United States and Mexican Claims Commission (1868-1872).
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a vast array of research, teaching, and manuscript notes; book reviews, articles, publications, clippings, correspondence, and Johns Hopkins memoranda, spanning more than three decades of professor Francis Rourke's academic career.
Overview Gottfried Dietze was a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) for 50 years, and was most known for his early work, The Federalist. These are the professional papers of Dietze, including, but not limited to, research notes, typed drafts of his writings, correspondence, and teaching materials.
Overview J. Montgomery Gambrill (1880-1953) was a historian and professor at Columbia University and Johns Hopkins University. This collection consists largely of typed and handwritten correspondence, subject files, and teaching files reagarding his research and administrative duties, from 1794 to 1966.
Overview This collection contains lectures, speeches and writings; reprints; book manuscripts; and the conference papers of John G. A. Pocock, a historian of political thought and professor emeritus at Johns Hopkins University. His papers spans the years of 1962 to 2017, with the majority of the materials dating from Pocock's time at Hopkins. This holding notably includes his handwritten manuscripts of Barbarism and Religion (1999).
Collection — Box: 1 
Overview Collection consists of notes of Louis J. Clark, a student at Johns Hopkins University, taken while he was in a course taught by Woodrow Wilson in January 1893.
Overview Poeliu Dai (1908-1992) was a diplomat, and served as a technical counselor for the Commission on the Peace Treaty with Japan in 1948. This collection contains news clippings, pamphlets, reprints, journal articles and other published materials, mostly relating to the United Nations, the United States government, and the Canadian government from the 1950s through the 1980s.
- Subject: Political science X
- Andrews, Charles McLean, 1863-1943 1
- Appelton-Century-Crofts 1
- Aylett, Judith Page Waller, 1804-1860 1
- Beard, Charles A. (Charles Austin), 1874-1948 1
- Beard, Mary Ritter, 1876-1958 1
- Beaumont, Gustave de, 1802-1866 1
- Biddle, Nicholas, 1786-1844 1
- Bowman, Isaiah, 1878-1950 1
- Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797 1
- Cambridge University Press 1
- China Classics 1
- Clark, Louis J. 1
- Columbia University. Teachers College 1
- Commager, Henry Steele, 1902-1998 1
- Conference for the Study of Political Thought 1
- Curti, Merle (Merle Eugene), 1897-1996 1
- Dai, Poelieu, 1908- 1
- Dietze, Gottfried 1
- Ely, Richard T. (Richard Theodore), 1854-1943 1
- Folger Shakespeare Library 1
- Gambrill, J. Montgomery (John Montgomery), 1880-1953 1
- Gibbon, Edward, 1737-1794 1
- Girard College 1
- Goldman, Eric Frederick, 1915-1989 1
- Gordon, Douglas Huntly, Jr., 1903-1986 1
- Gordon, Douglas Huntly, Sr., 1867-1918 1
- Johns Hopkins University 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of History 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of Political Economy 1
- Johns Hopkins University. School of Advanced International Studies 1
- Joseph Bonaparte, King of Spain, 1768-1844 1
- Lidz, Richard 1
- Lieber, Francis, 1800-1872 1
- Loyal Publication Society of New York 1
- Machiavelli, Niccoló, 1469-1527 1
- Mencken, H. L. (Henry Louis), 1880-1956 1
- Napoleon I, Emperor of the French, 1769-1821 1
- Painter, Sidney, 1902-1960 1
- Philadelphia Society for Alleviating the Miseries of Public Prisons. 1
- Pocock, J. G. A. (John Greville Agard), 1924- 1
- Potter, Alonzo, 1800-1865 1
- Preston, William C. (William Campbell), 1794-1860 1
- Rourke, Francis E. (Francis Edward), 1922- 1
- Schlesinger, Arthur M., Jr. (Arthur Meier), 1917-2007 1
- School of Advanced International Studies 1
- School of Arts and Sciences. Department of Political Science 1
- Smith College 1
- Sparks, Jared, 1789-1866 1
- Story, Joseph, 1779-1845 1
- Sumner, Charles, 1811-1874 1
- Tocqueville, Alexis de, 1805-1859 1
- Tudor and Stuart Club (Johns Hopkins University) 1
- United States and Mexican Claims Commission 1
- Van Noppen, Ina Woestemeyer, 1906-1980 1
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 1
- Whately, Richard, 1787-1863 1
- Whig Party (Great Britain) 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 1 ∧ less