Showing Resources: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The Garrett autograph collection contains signed letters and documents that record U.S. history and culture, including presidents, statesmen, and military figures.
Scope and Contents Dated 1914 in the owenership inscription, this little volume includes a number of quotations and original verses inscribed by family and friends, a pencil sketch of a Sopwith Pup, and a caricature of two black waiters with a caption reading "Cook's Tours Personally Conducted." There are also two nicely accomplished pen-and-ink drawings of ships. Friends have noted favorite authors, "authoresses," and heroines, with two pages devoted to a series of cut-out autographs (possibly not original)...
Found in: Special Collections
- Special Collections 1
- John Work Garrett Library (Evergreen Museum and Library) 1
- Autographs 1
- Collectors and collecting 1
- drawings (visual works) 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- Adams, John Quincy , 1767-1848 1
- Bishop, Henry R. (Henry Rowley), 1786-1855 1
- Garrett, John W. (John Work), 1872-1942 1
- Garrett, John Work, 1872-1942 1
- Garrett, Thomas Harrison, 1848-1888 1