Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Glenroy C. Stein papers contain scores and method books written by Stein and various other composers. Also included are personal papers which include newspaper clippings, correspondence, posters, and concert programs.
Howard Thatcher was a pianist, organist, composer, and teacher in the Baltimore area. He was an alumnus of Peabody who taught harmony, counterpoint, orchestration, and composition for the Peabody Conservatory. The Howard R. Thatcher papers contain his manuscript and published scores as well as personal papers.
Richard Benda was a pianist and teacher renowned for his strategy in teaching the Joseph Schillinger system of musical composition. The Richard Benda papers contain manuscript notebooks and transcriptions of his teaching material concerned with the Schillinger system. Also included are pedagogical materials in the form of notes, recordings, and an unpublished supplement to the Schillinger system.
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- letters (correspondence) 2
- manuscripts (documents) 2
- notebooks 2
- scores (documents for music) 2
- Composers 1
- Composition (Music) -- Instruction and study 1
- Music--Instruction and study 1
- Organists 1
- audiocassettes 1
- audiotapes 1
- concert programs 1
- lecture notes 1
- posters 1 ∧ less
- Benda, Richard, -1978 1
- Schillinger, Joseph, 1895-1943 1
- Stein, Glenroy C. 1
- Thatcher, Howard R. (Howard Rutledge), 1878-1973 1