Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The collection contains manuscript letters and brief notes from Nadia Boulanger to her former student Charles Bleefield, including a letter of recommendation in 1947 and several brief greetings in the two decades that followed. Also included are invitations to two memorial services for Lili Boulanger and an Igor Stravinsky autograph.
Enrico Caruso (1873-1921) was one of the most popular operatic tenors of his era. After beginning his career in his native Italy, Caruso immigrated to the United States and became a star at the Metropolitan Opera. His papers include manuscript and published scores belonging to Caruso, photographs, correspondence, scrapbooks and clippings about his career, caricatures and other artwork, recordings, and ephemera.
The Johns Hopkins University collection of African American history and culture is an artificially assembled collection of printed materials, diaries, photographs, and other items created from 1800 to 1988.
Soprano Phyllis Bryn-Julson taught at the Peabody Institute from 1984 to 2017 and is known for her performances and recordings of 20th-century vocal music. The Phyllis Bryn-Julson papers contain programs, photographs, and other publicity materials from her singing career, correspondence with composers and other musicians, and scores of vocal music with Bryn-Julson's performance markings.
Soren Lura was a cellist and conductor who also worked for the Library of Congress. His collection consists of 22 letters by Brahms, Sarasate, Richard Strauss, Moscheles, Spohr, Grainger, Wilhelmj, Saint-Saëns, and others, collected by Lili Scholz and given to Lura in 1950. In 2007, Lura's daughters, Donna Fink and Dody Martin, donated the letters to Peabody in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Peabody Archives.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Italian Studies at Villa Spelman was established in the early 1970s in accordance with the bequest of Leolyn and Timothy Mather Spelman. The property was sold by the university in September 2008. This collection consists of records of the Villa Spelman from 1961 to 2006; the bulk of the material dates from 1980 to 2000.