Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection consists of a vast array of research, teaching, and manuscript notes; book reviews, articles, publications, clippings, correspondence, and Johns Hopkins memoranda, spanning more than three decades of professor Francis Rourke's academic career.
G. Harry Pouder (1896-1971) was a Johns Hopkins almunus and Baltimore resident involved in shipping, commerce, and ports (particularly the Port of Baltimore), for most of his life. The collection consists of writings, correspondence, printed material, personal, and photographs mostly dating from a 1969 cruise to Asia.
This artificially-assembled collection consists of materials relating to international World's Fairs and Expositions, including photographs; postcards; written travelogues or personal accounts of the fairs; ephemera, including programs and printed souvenirs; lithographs and engravings; and physical objects. The materials date from the 1830s to the 1960s.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Italian Studies at Villa Spelman was established in the early 1970s in accordance with the bequest of Leolyn and Timothy Mather Spelman. The property was sold by the university in September 2008. This collection consists of records of the Villa Spelman from 1961 to 2006; the bulk of the material dates from 1980 to 2000.