Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Christopher Lobingier (1944-2014) was a composer based in Baltimore who wrote the original score to the 1977 John Waters film Desperate Living and participated in the Baltimore Composers Forum. This collection contains scores of original compositions by Chris Lobingier, including his score to Desperate Living, as well as materials related to the Baltimore Composers Forum, recordings, and other ephemera.
Jean Eichelberger Ivey (1923-2010) was a composer, pianist, electronic musician, professor, and the founder of the Peabody Conservatory Electronic Music Studio, which she directed from 1969 until her retirement from Peabody in 1997. The Jean Eichelberger Ivey papers contain scores and recordings of Ivey's musical works, writings and notes by Ivey, personal and professional correspondence, programs and clippings, photographs, and other personal and professional papers.
Joseph Schillinger was a theorist and composer famous for developing the Schillinger System, a method of deconstructing music using geometric phase relationships. The collection contains correspondence, recordings, scrapbooks, photographs, artwork, manuscript scores, and other documents related to his professional and personal life.
Mihály Virizlay (1931-2008) was a Hungarian-born cellist who had an international career as a concerto and recital soloist, was principal cello of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra for 40 years, and taught at the Peabody Institute. The Mihály Virizlay papers contain published and manuscript musical scores, chiefly for cello, including Virizlay’s own compositions and arrangements. The collection also includes recordings, concert programs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence.
Paul Vacek was a violinist, pianist, and composer (using the pen name Paul Vazkén) who studied at the Peabody Conservatory of Music from 1946 to 1949. His papers contain manuscript scores of his compositions and arrangements, drafts and fragments of manuscript scores, and personal papers.
The Women Composers Orchestra operated in Baltimore from 1985 to 1995 with the mission to perform compositions of women composers both past and present. The collection primarily consists of the organization's administrative documents.