Showing Resources: 1 - 1 of 1
The most sought-after soprano of the 1920s and 1930s, Rosa Ponselle (née Rosa Ponzillo, 1897–1981) began her musical career in a vaudeville act with her sister Carmela Ponselle. Upon hearing Rosa Ponselle for the first time, Enrico Caruso took her under his wing and they appeared on the Metropolitan Opera stage together in La Forza del Destino and La Juive. She would go on to sing the title role in the Metropolitan's revival of...
- Subject: clippings (information artifacts)
- Subject: letters (correspondence)
- Subject: sound recordings
- Repository: Peabody Archives
- Names: Ponselle, Carmela, 1887-1977