Showing Resources: 1 - 1 of 1
Mihály Virizlay (1931-2008) was a Hungarian-born cellist who had a successful international career as a concerto and recital soloist, was principal cello of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra for 40 years, and taught at the Peabody Institute. The Mihály Virizlay papers contain published and manuscript musical scores, chiefly for cello, including Virizlay’s own compositions and arrangements. The collection also includes recordings, concert programs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence.
- Subject: clippings (information artifacts)
- Subject: letters (correspondence)
- Subject: sound recordings
- Repository: Peabody Archives
- Names: Kissinger-Virizlay, Lianna