Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract On August 24, 1867, Johns Hopkins incorporated the two institutions which bear his name: Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital. The original members of the Boards of Trustees for the two institutions were named in the Certificate of Incorporation. The records of the Board of Trustees span the years 1867 through 2012, although, with the exception of the bound volumes of minutes, relatively little exists for the years prior to 1925. The records document the activities of the...
Dates: 1867 - 2012
Found in: Special Collections
Abstract Records documenting the activities of the executive office of the Institute. Includes correspondence from prospective lecturers such as Ralph Waldo Emerson, John Fiske, and James Russell Lowell (1867-1913); correspondence concerning the library, including letters received from Abram Stevens Hewitt of Cooper Union, E. W. Blatchford of the Newberry Library, and Melvil Dewey; numerous letters from the Institute librarian, Philip R. Uhler, to the provost reporting library activities during the...
Dates: 1861 - 1916
Found in: Peabody Archives