Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Peabody Institute publications and printed materials

 Collection
Identifier: PIRG-11-01
Abstract The Peabody Institute was founded in 1857 by George Peabody, whose founding letter was published the same year. Beginning in 1866, the institute began publishing circulars, annual reports, and organizational documents with vital information about the Conservatory, the library, the art gallery, and the lecture series. In 1904, the Conservatory of Music began publishing its first serial. This collection contains primarily publications created by the Peabody Institute for external...
Dates: 1857 - 2021
Found in: Peabody Archives

Theater Chamber Players records

 Collection
Identifier: PIMS-0070
Abstract

The Theater Chamber Players, founded by Peabody Institute faculty members Dina Koston and Leon Fleisher, were a chamber music ensemble that featured 20th-century music and was based primarily in Washington, D.C., from 1968 to 2003. The TCP records include administrative and business documents, correspondence, working files, concert programs, publicity material, photographs, recordings, scores, and reference material.

Dates: 1960-2007
Found in: Peabody Archives

Villa Spelman records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-04-290
Abstract

The Johns Hopkins Center for Italian Studies at Villa Spelman was established in the early 1970s in accordance with the bequest of Leolyn and Timothy Mather Spelman. The property was sold by the university in September 2008. This collection consists of records of the Villa Spelman from 1961 to 2006; the bulk of the material dates from 1980 to 2000.

Dates: 1961 - 2006; Majority of material found within 1980 - 2000