Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8

Baltimore Naturalists Field Club records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-15-050
Abstract The records of the Baltimore Naturalists Field Club indicate that Dr. Henry Newell Martin first proposed "the desirability of forming a Field Club for the Study of Natural History of the region around Baltimore" in April 1880. The original framework was to include a President, a Secretary and Chairs of Sections who were to organize the weekly excursions and report on these in the fields of Botany, Vertebrates (Land), Invertebrates (Land), Aquatic and Marine Life, and Physical Geography and...
Dates: 1880-1928

Johns Hopkins University Board of Trustees records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-01-001
Abstract On August 24, 1867, Johns Hopkins incorporated the two institutions which bear his name: Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital. The original members of the Boards of Trustees for the two institutions were named in the Certificate of Incorporation. The records of the Board of Trustees span the years 1867 through 2012, although, with the exception of the bound volumes of minutes, relatively little exists for the years prior to 1925. The records document the activities of the...
Dates: 1867 - 2012

Johns Hopkins University Metaphysical Club records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: RG-15-040
Abstract

The records of the Metaphysical Club of the Johns Hopkins University range in date from 1879 to 1885. They comprise one bound volume, which contains the club's constitution and by laws and the minutes of its monthly meetings.

Dates: 1879-1885

Johns Hopkins University School of Engineering General Assembly minutes

 Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 1
Identifier: RG-06-150
Abstract

The university-wide General Assembly, an advisory body of faculty members which gave recommendations to the Academic Council at Johns Hopkins University, influenced some of the divisional schools to create their own internal General Assembly. These records include the typed meeting minutes, from 1963 to 1965, of the General Assembly of the School of Engineering.

Dates: 1963 - 1965

Roland Park Company records

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0504
Abstract The Roland Park Company was incorporated in 1891 in Baltimore, Maryland, and was known primarily as the developer of the Baltimore neighborhoods of Roland Park, Guilford, Homeland, and Original Northwood. The records date from 1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960), and consist primarily of correspondence, including every day activities, sales, and management of land and resources. The collection also contains the governance and operational records of the Roland Park parent company and its subsidiaries;...
Dates: 1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960); Majority of material found within 1891 - 1960

Scientific Association records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-15-020
Abstract

The Scientific Association of the Johns Hopkins University was originally organized by Professor Ira Remsen on October 24, 1877 "for the purpose of keeping those connected with one of the departments (then mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology) informed as to the work being done in kindred subjects." The records of the Scientific Association of the Johns Hopkins University comprise the minutes of the Society from its inception in October 1877, to October 1919, bound in one volume.

Dates: 1877 October-1919 October

Student Council records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-14-070
Abstract Formed in 1911 at the suggestion of the Athletic Board, the Student Council at first tackled small problems such as the supervision of Freshman Class Elections and the securing of non-fraternity representation on the Cotillion Board. By the mid-1970s, the Student Council adopted its present form: equal representation for all classes, election of the Executive Board at large and the structure of the standing and independent committees. The record group includes minutes, correspondence,...
Dates: 1911-1994

Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-15-130
Abstract The collection spans 1950-2010. In 1930, Mrs. Mary Willard Berry, wife of Dean Edward Berry presided over the first organizational meeting of the "Women's Faculty Club," founded by request of President Joseph S. Ames to "promote social contacts among the members." Although the records of the Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University span the years 1939 to 1985, they consist primarily of minutes of the group's meetings from 1939 to 1980. There are also directories of club members and...
Dates: 1939-2010

Filtered By

  • Subject: administrative records X
  • Subject: administrative records X
  • Subject: Governance (university function) X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Universities and colleges--Societies, etc. 3
Administration of faculty (university function) 2
Engineering 2
Maryland--Baltimore 2
Minutes (Records) 2
∨ more  
Language
English 5
Undetermined 3
 
Names
Johns Hopkins University 3
Angell, James Burrill, 1829-1916 1
Baltimore Naturalists Field Club 1
Bouton, Edward H., 1858-1941 1
Eldridge, Jamie 1