Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
With the passing of the National Defense Act on October 16, 1916, a unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps was formally established at Hopkins under what was then the Department of Military Science and Tactics (now known as the Department of Military Science). This collection primarily includes photographs and clippings (both mainly contained in photograph album pages). The collection also includes, to a lesser degree: photocopies of historical documents and historical research,...
Robert B. Pond, Sr. (1917-2007) helped found Johns Hopkins University's Department of Material Science, where he served as chair for eight years. The collection includes papers relating to Professor Pond's involvement with companies such as Marvalaud Inc. and Inland Steel Company, and materials from his various roles at Johns Hopkins University, including advising, administrative, and teaching materials. His papers span from 1946 to approximately 1987.