Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Bernard Christian Steiner a graduate student at Johns Hopkins University. The collection consists of three notebooks from courses Steiner attended at Hopkins in 1888-1890. The material covered includes lectures by Daniel Coit Gilman on charities, Elgin Ralston Lovell Gould on the family, and Woodrow Wilson on the administration of the state.
Collection consists of one bound holographic notebook of philosopher and mathematician, Charles S. Peirce. The notebook contains a catalog of books on logic and scholastic philosophy from Peice's personal library. Peirce also noted the estimated value of each title. Most likely, Peirce compiled the notebook, 1880-1881, at a time when he hoped to find a buyer for his library. Most of the books were acquired by the Johns Hopkins University in 1881.
This collection consists of letters and papers of Charles William Emil Miller, professor of Greek at The Johns Hopkins University.
David Sterrett Pindell received his B. A. (1895) and PAE (Proficiency in Applied Engineering, 1897) from The Johns Hopkins University. The collection consists of one notebook of notes on lectures delivered by Henry A. Rowland from 1896-1897.
E. Emmet Reid (born 1872) was a professor of chemistry at Johns Hopkins. The collection consists of reprints, extensive student notes, lecture notes, correspondence, and patents dating from 1889 to 1974.
Elisabeth Gilman was born in New Haven, Connecticut, December 25, 1867. She was the younger daughter of Daniel Coit and Mary (Ketcham) Gilman. Her father was a college professor and the first president of The Johns Hopkins University. The papers consist of correspondence, speeches, writings, diaries, newspaper clippings, printed material, memorabilia, and photographs.
Elliott Coleman founded the Department of Writing, Speech and Drama at Johns Hopkins University in September 1946, the predecessor to The Writing Seminars. The collection consist of correspondence, manuscript poems, printed materials, and photographs. It spans the years 1932 to 1980 with the bulk of the material from 1978-1979.