Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 44
Allen Weir Freeman was a physician and Johns Hopkins University of Public Health Administration born in 1881, and was brother of the author, Douglas Southall Freeman. Collection consists of letters to and from Freeman family members (dating 1904 - 1907) while Allen Weir Freeman was a medical student and during the start of his career.
Benjamin G. Kohl (1938-2010) was an author and historian who specialized in the history of the Renaissance. The collection consists of research material and personal papers ranging in date from 1960-2006, including a series of correspondence between Kohl and his mentor, Frederic Chapin Lane.
C. Harvey Palmer, Jr. is professor emeritus of electrical engineering at Johns Hopkins University, specializing in optics. This collection holds selections of Palmer's research notes and teaching files, loose leaf and in binders, ranging from 1968 to 1990.
This collection consists of letters and papers of Charles William Emil Miller, professor of Greek at The Johns Hopkins University.
Douglas Southall Freeman (1886 – 1953) was an American historian, biographer, newspaper editor, and author best known for his multi-volume biographies of Robert E. Lee and George Washington. The collection spans the years 1902-1911, and consists primarily of correspondence between Freeman and his parents.
The collection of Hopkins alumnus and professor, Edward Henry Spieker, consists of one holographic notebook containing his notes from classes in Greek literature prepared while he was a graduate student at the University, 1880-1881.
Edward Lucas White (1866-1934) was a classics teacher and author of historical romances, short stories and poetry. The papers span the period 1885-1934 and consist of correspondence, writings, printed material, and personal papers.
Edwin Charles Cort received his M.D. from Johns Hopkins University in 1907 and was a medical missionary in Siam (Thailand) from 1908 intil 1949. This collection consists of an essay entitled "Thirty Years of Medical Practice in Siam" from approximately 1948.