Showing Collections: 11 - 19 of 19
An archive of letters, notes, documents, research papers, and ephemera handwritten by or to noted Black American activist, educator, and performance artist, Manet Harrison Fowler spanning 1933-1973.
Owen Martin Phillips (1930-2010) was a Johns Hopkins University professor of Geophysics. This collection consists of the personal and professional papers of Professor Owen M. Phillips, which date from approximately the 1940s-1990s. This collection has not been processed.
The papers of Johns Hopkins University biology professor Robert Ballentine document much of his research and teaching and span the years 1942 to 1993.
Robert Forster was a professor in the Johns Hopkins History Department for almost 50 years, where he became renowned for his work on the history of early modern France. These are the professional papers of Forster dating from 1946-2003, including, but not limited to, research notes, typed drafts of his writings, correspondence, and teaching materials.
Sidney Wilfred Mintz (1922-2015) was an anthropologist best known for his studies of the Caribbean, creolization, and the anthropology of food. The collection spans the years 1950 to 2005, and consists of correspondence, lecture notes, course files, administrative records, talks, manuscript edits, and research files.
The collection includes the papers of John Barth (born 1930), American novelist and short-story writer, who is best-known for his contributions to postmodern literature. The collection spans the years 1930 to 2014 and consists of manuscripts, typescripts, and galley proofs of Barth’s writings; correspondence; reviews; and other professional papers.
Vernon L. Lidtke (born 1930) was a Johns Hopkins professor of History. Collection consists of material dating from 1948 to 2005, including correspondence (which makes up the bulk of the collection), criticism, and files related to professional speeches and publications.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Italian Studies at Villa Spelman was established in the early 1970s in accordance with the bequest of Leolyn and Timothy Mather Spelman. The property was sold by the university in September 2008. This collection consists of records of the Villa Spelman from 1961 to 2006; the bulk of the material dates from 1980 to 2000.