Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Numbered series of fifteen chromolithographic postcards depicting bullfighting in Mexico, circa 1900.
In February of 1912 the establishment of an "Alumni Quarterly" was formally approved at a joint meeting of the Trustees and the Alumni Council. The records of The Johns Hopkins (Alumni) Magazine consist of a complete set of the Magazine, arranged chronologically from November 1912 through the present; correspondence files of staff members, arranged chronologically by editor; and photographs used in the production of the Magazine, arranged by subject.
This collection spans the history of a number of inter-related educational institutions at Johns Hopkins University. This collection consists of information, publications, and mailings from the Office of Admissions dating from 1953-2005 (bulk 1988-2005). Examples include brochures, course catalogs, course shedules, newsletters, invitations, and fact sheets.
This collection includes one volume of Veche, a samizdat manuscript of underground Russian literature, published in 1972 by Vladimir Osipov. Samizdat means "self-published" in Russian.
The Lit was a literary journal which began in 1946, was published by undergraduates, containing material written mostly by undergraduates. It included poetry, short stories, reviews and essays with an emphasis on fiction. This record group consists solely of issues of The Lit, published from 1946 to 1947; no other documentation exists for this publication.
The Vector was an engineering magazine published quarterly by undergraduates. It began in 1948 and grew rapidly; by the late 1950s, it was considered one of the foremost undergraduate engineering magazines in the country, and ceased publication in December 1969. The records consist solely of the issues of the journal from 1948 to 1969. Although volumes 3-4, 9, 12-14, 16-17 and 21, as well as several individual issues, are missing.