Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The Roland Park Company was incorporated in 1891 in Baltimore, Maryland, and was known primarily as the developer of the Baltimore neighborhoods of Roland Park, Guilford, Homeland, and Original Northwood. The records date from 1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960), and consist primarily of correspondence, including every day activities, sales, and management of land and resources. The collection also contains the governance and operational records of the Roland Park parent company and its subsidiaries;...
Dates: 1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960); Majority of material found within 1891 - 1960
Abstract The formation of the Tudor and Stuart Club was initiated by Sir William Osler and his wife, Lady Grace Osler. Their intention to provide an endowment for these activities was expressed in a letter to Johns Hopkins University President Frank J. Goodnow, dated October 30, 1918. Their endowment provided not only interest bearing securities for the book purchasing and other operations of the Club, it also contributed to their son Edward Revere Osler's personal book collection, about 800 volumes,...
Dates: circa 1829-1997
Abstract The collection spans 1950-2010. In 1930, Mrs. Mary Willard Berry, wife of Dean Edward Berry presided over the first organizational meeting of the "Women's Faculty Club," founded by request of President Joseph S. Ames to "promote social contacts among the members." Although the records of the Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University span the years 1939 to 1985, they consist primarily of minutes of the group's meetings from 1939 to 1980. There are also directories of club members and...