Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
With the passing of the National Defense Act on October 16, 1916, a unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps was formally established at Hopkins under what was then the Department of Military Science and Tactics (now known as the Department of Military Science). This collection primarily includes photographs and clippings (both mainly contained in photograph album pages). The collection also includes, to a lesser degree: photocopies of historical documents and historical research,...
Papers produced and collected by the Keyser family of Baltimore, Maryland. The Keysers accumulated wealth in the 19th and 20th centuries through mercantile businesses, inheritance, and a variety of industries, including the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, copper and iron works, and investments in land and real estate. They used some of this wealth to finance Baltimore’s public and private institutions, including Johns Hopkins University.
approximately 1784-1985; Majority of material found within 1870s-1950s
The Roland Park Company was incorporated in 1891 in Baltimore, Maryland, and was known primarily as the developer of the Baltimore neighborhoods of Roland Park, Guilford, Homeland, and Original Northwood. The records date from 1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960), and consist primarily of correspondence, including every day activities, sales, and management of land and resources. The collection also contains the governance and operational records of the Roland Park parent company and its subsidiaries;...
1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960); Majority of material found within 1891 - 1960