Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 27
This collection includes donations from Johns Hopkins University alumni that document student life, frequently reflecting the donor's personal experience as a student at Johns Hopkins University. The collection includes photographs, letters, student notes, and other material. The collection spans the 19th and 20th centuries.
The Alumni College was established by the Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association in approximately 1973, to provide alumni with travel learning opportunities, better known as "education vacations." The collection spans from 1970 to 1974.
Johns Hopkins Facilities & Real Estate (JHFRE) provides full support services for the Johns Hopkins Homewood campus, as well as planning, design, construction, and property management for other Hopkins campuses. These records primarily include files of real estate purchases, renovations, reports, and letters, while another bulk of the records includes the files of the creation of the Shriver Hall Murals. The records range from 1937 to 1971.
This is an artificially-assembled collection with manuscript items selected by curators in Special Collections. This collection contains diaries, postcards, letters, and other material related to history and life in Maryland, 1818-2015 (Bulk: 1818-1957).
Kent D. Currie was an expert of printing and typography who lived in Baltimore, Maryland. The bulk of the collection is formed by Currie's collection of type samples. It includes brochures from Europe, in particular Holland and United States, with a significant attention to Baltimorean type designers. Noteworthy is also Currie's correspondence. The papers span the 1920s to 1950s.
Papers produced and collected by the Keyser family of Baltimore, Maryland. The Keysers accumulated wealth in the 19th and 20th centuries through mercantile businesses, inheritance, and a variety of industries, including the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, copper and iron works, and investments in land and real estate. They used some of this wealth to finance Baltimore’s public and private institutions, including Johns Hopkins University.
Professor Larzer Ziff became the Caroline Donovan Professor of English at Johns Hopkins University in 1981. He served as chair of the Department of English from 1991 to 1995. This collection consists of the professional and teaching files of Larzer Ziff from the 1960s to 2008. The collection primarily includes course materials, conference papers, and his writings, both published and unpublished.
This collection pertains to the writing career and personal life of Baltimore poet Marion Buchman. The materials cover the period circa 1913 to 2000, and the bulk of the materials date from 1932 to 1986.
The manuscripts in this artificial collection are largely the records of Philadelphia merchants dealing with Baltimoreans in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.
The Phoebe B. Stanton papers contain various publications, photographs, notes, and correspondence related to Stanton’s research on architecture. Research topics include architects such as Edmund Lind, Episcopal churches, and the city of Baltimore.