Showing Collections: 91 - 100 of 147
This is an artificially assembled collection of oral histories recorded with administration, faculty, staff, alumni, students, and other Johns Hopkins University affiliates, 1999-2004 and 2014-present. The early oral history interviews were faciliated by Mame Warren starting 1999, and as of 2014 by Hopkins Retrospective.
This is an artificial collection of printed ephemera purchased since 2004.
Kemp Malone was a medievalist, philologist, etymologist, world authority on Chaucer, and Professor of English Literature at Johns Hopkins University for over 30 years. The papers span the period 1913-1975 and contain drafts, typescripts, proofs, research notes, notebooks, lectures, reprints and news clippings.
Kent D. Currie was an expert of printing and typography who lived in Baltimore, Maryland. The bulk of the collection is formed by Currie's collection of type samples. It includes brochures from Europe, in particular Holland and United States, with a significant attention to Baltimorean type designers. Noteworthy is also Currie's correspondence. The papers span the 1920s to 1950s.
Papers produced and collected by the Keyser family of Baltimore, Maryland. The Keysers accumulated wealth in the 19th and 20th centuries through mercantile businesses, inheritance, and a variety of industries, including the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, copper and iron works, and investments in land and real estate. They used some of this wealth to finance Baltimore’s public and private institutions, including Johns Hopkins University.
Collection consists of one bound volume that served as a register for visitors to the Ladies' State Sanitary Fair held at the Maryland Institute in Baltimore, April 1864. Notable signatures include Abraham Lincoln; Mary Todd Lincoln; Treasury Secretary, Salmon P. Chase; Secretary of State, William Henry Seward; Maryland Governor, Augustus W. Bradford; and Major General Robert C. Schenck.
Professor Larzer Ziff became the Caroline Donovan Professor of English at Johns Hopkins University in 1981. He served as chair of the Department of English from 1991 to 1995. This collection consists of the professional and teaching files of Larzer Ziff from the 1960s to 2008. The collection primarily includes course materials, conference papers, and his writings, both published and unpublished.
This collection contains most of the working papers from Fowler's architectural practice (1906-1945) as well as photographs documenting other architects' work in the area. These plans, photographs and documents represent one of the most important archives on the built environment of Baltimore.
Collection consists of two bound holographic volumes of Baltimore resident, Madge Preston (1815-1895). In the first volume (1868) Mrs. Preston copied letters sent to family and friends during a trip to Europe in 1868 in which she described the sea voyage, visits to German cities, and various social activities. Most of the letters are addressed to her husband, William P. Preston. The second volume (1885) is a record of letters sent and received and a daily ledger of weather and activities.