Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 52
Joseph Michael Lalley (1896-1980) was a literary critic and conservative author.
J. Montgomery Gambrill (1880-1953) was a historian and professor at Columbia University and Johns Hopkins University. This collection consists largely of typed and handwritten correspondence, subject files, and teaching files reagarding his research and administrative duties, from 1794 to 1966.
J. Louis Kuethe (born 1905) served as assistant librarian at Johns Hopkins University for 43 years. The collection consists of articles published by Kuethe in Baltimore newspapers, correspondence related to his writings, and Kuethe's notes for a survey of place names of Maryland all dating from 1939-1968.
James Ryder Randall (1839-1908) was a native of Maryland and penned the poem,
Maryland, My Maryland! which was adopted as the state song in 1939. The collection includes autograph transcriptions of a letter to Charles F. Gunther of Chicago and the accompanying aforementioned poem.
This collection contains lectures, speeches and writings; reprints; book manuscripts; and the conference papers of John G. A. Pocock, a historian of political thought and professor emeritus at Johns Hopkins University. His papers spans the years of 1962 to 2017, with the majority of the materials dating from Pocock's time at Hopkins. This holding notably includes his handwritten manuscripts of Barbarism and Religion (1999).
John McGill was a lawyer in Urbana, Virginia (in Middlesex County), and flourished between 1827 and 1848. The collection consists of incoming letters, financial records, records of the William Shepherd estate, and J. Hopkins Brothers and Company records all ranging in date from 1827 to 1849. The bulk of the incoming letters are from Baltimore merchants.
This collection includes donations from Johns Hopkins University alumni that document student life, frequently reflecting the donor's personal experience as a student at Johns Hopkins University. The collection includes photographs, letters, student notes, and other material. The collection spans the 19th and 20th centuries.
The Alumni College was established by the Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association in approximately 1973, to provide alumni with travel learning opportunities, better known as "education vacations." The collection spans from 1970 to 1974.
Johns Hopkins Facilities & Real Estate (JHFRE) provides full support services for the Johns Hopkins Homewood campus, as well as planning, design, construction, and property management for other Hopkins campuses. These records primarily include files of real estate purchases, renovations, reports, and letters, while another bulk of the records includes the files of the creation of the Shriver Hall Murals. The records range from 1937 to 1971.
This is an artificially-assembled collection with manuscript items selected by curators in Special Collections. This collection contains diaries, postcards, letters, and other material related to history and life in Maryland, 1818-2015 (Bulk: 1818-1957).