Showing Resources: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview Gustav Klemm (1897-1947) was a composer and music educator who studied and taught at the Peabody Conservatory. As a composer, Klemm wrote primarily music for voice and piano, music for piano solo, orchestral music, and choral music. The Collection of Gustav Klemm scores contains printed editions of Klemm's complete works.
Overview Community Concerts at Second, formerly known as the Second Presbyterian Concert Series, is a nonprofit organization established in 1987 in Baltimore that invites classical musicians to perform free concerts. The collection contains administrative records, concert programs, photographs, clippings, and recordings related to the organization and its concerts.
Overview Jean Eichelberger Ivey (1923-2010) was a composer, pianist, electronic musician, professor, and the founder of the Peabody Conservatory Electronic Music Studio, which she directed from 1969 until her retirement from Peabody in 1997. The Jean Eichelberger Ivey papers contain scores and recordings of Ivey's musical works, writings and notes by Ivey, personal and professional correspondence, programs and clippings, photographs, and other personal and professional papers.
Overview Pianist, conductor, and teacher Leon Fleisher (b. 1928) has had a career in music stretching more than 70 years, including nearly 50 years as a faculty member of the Peabody Conservatory of Music. After making his debut at age 16 with Pierre Monteux conducting, Fleisher toured internationally as a soloist until a neurological condition caused him to lose the full use of his right hand. After three decades of focusing on performing the piano repertoire for the left hand, conducting various...
Overview The Marion Rosette papers contain scores, working documents, personal papers, and recordings from Rosette’s career as a composer and arranger of children's music.
Overview Nicholas Maw (1935-2009) was a British composer who taught at the Peabody Institute from 1998 to 2008. The Nicholas Maw papers (approximately 1956-2009) contain manuscripts, scores, and recordings of musical compositions by Maw, including the opera Sophie's Choice. The collection also contains correspondence, programs, reviews, lecture notes, and other personal papers.
Overview Records documenting activities of the Board of Trustees of the Peabody Institute. Includes: 12 volumes and several additional folders of recorded minutes of board meetings (1857-1985); Treasurer's reports (1867-1969); Provost's reports (1869-1912); Executive Secretary's reports (1912-45); miscellaneous general records and correspondence; records of the Offices of the President (1859-1970), Vice-President (1876-1905), Secretary (1860-1922), and Treasurer (1857-1941), the bulk of the latter...
Overview The Peabody Conservatory of Music has regularly recorded recitals and concerts on campus since the 1960s. These recordings form the core of the Peabody Institute's sound and video recordings collection.
Overview The Ruth K. Inglefield papers and harp music collection (assembled approximately 1960-2018) contain music for harp used by former Peabody Conservatory faculty member Ruth Inglefield. Most items are printed scores or reproductions composed between 1960 and 2010 and contain Inglefield's annotations. Many scores of chamber music include parts. The collection also contains a copy of Inglefield's dissertation and some professional ephemera.
Overview Sergio Cervetti left his native Uruguay in 1962 to study composition in the United States, graduating with a degree from the Peabody Conservatory in 1967 and later teaching music at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University from 1972 to 1997. As a composer, he wrote more than 100 works drawing from electronic music, folk elements, European tradition, and minimalist aesthetics. The Sergio Cervetti papers contain scores and recordings of his works.
- clippings (information artifacts) 6
- scores (documents for music) 6
- photographs 5
- audiocassettes 4
- concert programs 3
- letters (correspondence) 3
- CD-Rs 2
- Composers 2
- administrative records 2
- compact discs 2
- correspondence 2
- lecture notes 2
- negatives (photographs) 2
- open reel audiotapes 2
- video recordings 2
- DVDs 1
- articles 1
- digital audio formats 1
- digital moving image formats 1
- dissertations 1
- financial records 1
- itineraries 1
- legal documents 1
- librettos (documents for music) 1
- long-playing records 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1
- photograph albums 1
- programs (documents) 1
- research notes 1
- scrapbooks 1
- transcripts 1
- videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Peabody Institute 3
- Brown, Lloyd A. (Lloyd Arnold), 1907-1966 1
- Cervetti, Sergio 1
- Chew, Samuel C. (Samuel Claggett), 1888-1960 1
- Community Concerts at Second (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Eaton, Charles James Madison, 1808-1893 1
- Fleisher, Leon 1
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908 1
- Hamerik, Asger, 1843-1923 1
- Inglefield, Ruth K. 1
- Inglefield, Sonja 1
- Ivey, Jean Eichelberger 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Peabody Institute. Board of Trustees 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Peabody Institute. Department of Recording Arts and Sciences 1
- Kennedy, John Pendleton, 1795-1870 1
- Klemm, Gustav, 1897-1947 1
- Lind, E. G. 1
- Marbury, William L. (William Luke), 1901- 1
- Maw, Nicholas 1
- Mayhew, William E., 1784-1860 1
- Morison, Nathaniel Holmes, 1815-1890 1
- Peabody, George, 1795-1869 1
- Pratt, Enoch, 1808-1896 1
- Riggs, Lawrason, 1861-1940 1
- Rosette, Marion 1
- Second Presbyterian Church (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Uhler, Philip R. (Philip Reese), 1835-1913 1
- Wallis, S. Teackle (Severn Teackle), 1816-1894 1
- Walters, Henry, 1848-1931 1
- Walters, William Thomas, 1820-1908 1
- Wright, Geoffrey, 1952- 1 ∧ less