Showing Collections: 41 - 50 of 94
Hopkins Spectator (renamed Homewood Spectator in May 1992) was a Johns Hopkins University student publication funded by the Johns Hopkins College Republicans. This collection consists of issues from 1988-1995.
This collection consists of Hugh Hawkins including a two volume typescript of Hawkins' published work Pioneer : a history of the Johns Hopkins University, 1874-1899 and other material, including correspondence and photographs.
Manuscript natural history journal recording ecological observations in Baltimore, fom February 11, 1899 to March 17, 1901. Also includes Baltimore and suburban history.
The Goodwillie family came to Baltimore, Maryland from Cleveland, Ohio in 1898. The scrapbook which forms this collection consistly mostly of newspaper clippings relating to the family from the 1890s to 1919.
This collection contains lectures, speeches and writings; reprints; book manuscripts; and the conference papers of John G. A. Pocock, a historian of political thought and professor emeritus at Johns Hopkins University. His papers spans the years of 1962 to 2017, with the majority of the materials dating from Pocock's time at Hopkins. This holding notably includes his handwritten manuscripts of Barbarism and Religion (1999).
John McGill was a lawyer in Urbana, Virginia (in Middlesex County), and flourished between 1827 and 1848. The collection consists of incoming letters, financial records, records of the William Shepherd estate, and J. Hopkins Brothers and Company records all ranging in date from 1827 to 1849. The bulk of the incoming letters are from Baltimore merchants.
Collection consists of one notebook containg newspaper clippings and annotations that describe the 19th century trial of John Tarring charged with the murder of Eugene Broaders in Baltimore, Maryland.
John Weatherburn was born in the village of Kenton, England, April 23, 1750 and immigrated to the United States in 1772. The collection consists of a diary, letterbook, daybook, and two journals of Baltimore merchant, John Weatherburn ranging from 1766-1816.
This collection includes donations from Johns Hopkins University alumni that document student life, frequently reflecting the donor's personal experience as a student at Johns Hopkins University. The collection includes photographs, letters, student notes, and other material. The collection spans the 19th and 20th centuries.
The Alumni College was established by the Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association in approximately 1973, to provide alumni with travel learning opportunities, better known as "education vacations." The collection spans from 1970 to 1974.