Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church minute book
Scope and Contents
Manuscript minute book kept by Baltimore, Maryland's Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church's Board of Trustees from 1865 (8 years after building started) to the church's closing in 1927.
- Creation: 1865-1927
- Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Organization)
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
Biographical / Historical
Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, now known as Douglas Memorial Community Church, is a historic Methodist Episcopal church located in Baltimore, Maryland. It is a brick, Greek Revival, temple-fronted structure featuring four fluted Corinthian columns and built 1857-1858. The rear addition is a two-story Colonial Revival style wing dating from about 1900.
Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
0.167 Cubic Feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
The volume was purchased in November, 2010.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was purchased in November 2010.
Finding aid prepared by Kelly Spring on 23 May 2011.
- Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church minute book
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA