National Coal Company records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of one folder of receipts, sales slips, invoices and letters dealing with the day to day business running of the business. Materials date from 1905 to 1917. There are a few notes about mining operations and various documents dealing shipping coal via railroad. The contents of the file are arranged chronologically.
- Creation: 1905 - 1917
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Contact Special Collections for more information.
This collection is open for use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
The National Coal Company was headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. The first President of the Company was H.A. Ryan. By 1910, Augustine J. Ryan had taken over as President. The company marketed themselves as Miners and Shippers of George's Creek, Big Vein Cumberland and Fairmont Coal. Their office was in the Baltimore Commercial Building on the corner of Gay and Lombard streets.
0.167 Cubic Feet (1 folder (30 Items))
Language of Materials
The National Coal Company was headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. This collection consists of one folder of receipts, sales slips, invoices and letters dealing with the day to day business running of the business. Materials date from 1905 to 1917.
This small collection was removed from the Baltimore Petroleum Records MS.0210 in February, 1989. The provenance of MS.0210 is unknown.
Finding aid prepared by Holly Callahan on August 8, 2008.
- Guide to the National Coal Company records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA