Alfred North Whitehead collection
- Majority of material found within 1924-1939
- Whitehead, Alfred North, 1861-1947 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for use.
Conditions Governing Use
3.29 Cubic Feet (7 legal size document boxes)
Scope and Contents
The material which Professor Lowe placed on deposit in Special Collections consisted of a suitcase belonging to Alfred North Whitehead containing correspondence and annotated books belonging to Whitehead.
Letters and other items have been removed from the suitcase and separated into two document boxes. The books are contained in four document boxes.
Apparently, Professor Lowe devised a system for separating the items to suit his research methods. The collection has been processed without significantly changing Professor Lowe's system.
- Haldane, R. B. Haldane, Viscount (Richard Burdon Haldane), 1856-1928
- Lawrence, William Henry, 1850-1924
- Lowe, Victor, 1907-1988
- Lowell, A. Lawrence (Abbott Lawrence), 1856-1943
- Northrop, F. S. C. (Filmer Stuart Cuckow), 1893-1992
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946
- Taylor, Henry Osborn, 1856-1941
- Whitehead, Alfred North, 1861-1947
- Whitehead, T. N. (Thomas North)
- manuscripts (documents)
- notes (documents)
- photographic prints
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA