Henry Wilkinson Bragdon collection on Woodrow Wilson
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of researh material collected by Henry Wilkinson Bragdon for his published volume, "Woodrow Wilson: The Academic Years." Included are photocopies of correspondence and reminiscences from fellow and former students who had known Woodrow Wilson during his years as a grad student (1883-1885) and a visiting lecturer (1887-1897) at The Johns Hopkins University. Bragdon is thought to have collected the research from approximately 1945 to the time of the book's publication in 1967.
- Creation: approximately 1945-1967
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Contact Special Collections for more information.
This collection is open for use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
Henry W. Bragdon, author and instructor of history, was born in Rochester, NY in 1906. He recieved his A.B. from Harvard in 1928 and a graduate degree from Cambridge University, 1934. Bragdon taught history in New England preparatory schools and wrote several volumes in American history. "History of a Free People" was published in 1954 and "Woodrow Wilson: The Academic Years" in 1967.
3 Cubic Feet (60 items)
Language of Materials
Henry W. Bragdon (1906-1980) was an author and instructor of history. Collection consists of researh material collected by Bragdon for his published volume, "Woodrow Wilson: The Academic Years." Bragdon is thought to have collected the research from approximately 1945 to the time of the book's publication in 1967.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
There is no known acquisition information for this collection.
Existence and Location of Originals
The original material is most likely part of the Woodrow Wilson Collection at Princeton University Library.
This is no known processing information for this collection.
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of History (Organization)
- Bragdon, Henry W. (Henry Wilkinson), 1906-1980 (Person)
- Finley, John H. (John Huston), 1863-1940 (Person)
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 (Person)
- Andrews, Charles McLean, 1863-1943 (Person)
- Crew, Henry, 1859-1953 (Person)
- Dewey, Davis Rich, 1858-1942 (Person)
- Diamond, William, 1917-2010 (Person)
- Hunt, Rockwell Dennis, 1868- (Person)
- Powell, Lyman P. (Lyman Pierson), 1866-1946 (Person)
- Ross, Edward Alsworth, 1866-1951 (Person)
- Shaw, Albert, 1857-1947 (Person)
- Wetzel, William Achenbach (Person)
- Henry Wilkinson Bragdon collection on Woodrow Wilson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA