Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Collection — Box: 1 , Folder: 25
Overview The collection includes author Anne Tyler's personally inscribed self-portrait, primarily typewritten letters, a typed draft of her essay "Miss Cone, Miss Cone, Thank You, Thank You," and a few other manuscript items. The collection spans from 1980 to 1985 and 1996 to 1998.
Overview The Benefical Company and Hodson Trust archives spans 1920-1997. The collection includes annual reports, executive correspondence, public relations materials (including advertising), training manuals, photographs (including interior and exterior shots of Beneficial offices), video tapes, and corporate give-aways.
Overview Johann Siegfried Hufnagel (1724-1795) was a German parson and entomologist (lepidopterist). This item is a manuscript on the classification of butterflies and moths, in the tradition of the schemata proposed by Hufnagel and illustrated with ten original hand-coloured illustrations of butterflies. The item was once owned by Freiherr von Malsen-Ponickau or Cordula [?] Ponickau, or both. This manuscript was approximately created in 1780. The creator is unknown.
Overview Clinton Arrowood was a flautist and illustrator best known for his unique drawings of animals as musicians. The collection contains Arrowood's illustrations for musical events at the Peabody Institute and elsewhere, as well as drawings for children's books and other media. It includes original drawings, reproductions, clippings, and other documents related to Arrowood's career.
Found in: Peabody Archives
Correspondance adressee a Berthe Schuster, marraine de guerre [Correspondence addressed to Berthe Schuster, war godmother]
Collection — Box: 1 
Overview Starting in the spring of 1915, during World War I, some women in unoccupied France volunteered for the role of "war godmothers," marraines de guerre. To provide the moral support these men, so-called "war orphans," could not receive from their families, women in unoccupied areas became their pen pals. Berthe Schuster was one of these war godmothers and lived during the war on 51 Malakoff Avenue in Paris. This collection includes 124 pieces of correspondence, including illustrated letters,...
Scope and Contents The collection includes correspondence, ephemera, a small collection of material related to the "Colored Normal Industrial Agricultural and Mechanical College of South Carolina," photographs, and a scrapbook. Correspondence is primarily written by and to members of the Floyd and Urner families from the 1890s to the 1930s. The small collection of materials relating to the "Colored Normal Industrial Agricultural and Mechanical College of South Carolina" spans 1896 to 1915 and includes...
Overview This collection contains four sketchbooks created by the British architect Frederick Sandham Waller. The volumes include notes, sketches and watercolors, and are dated to approximately 1870.
Collection — Container: 1 
Overview This item is a folio of caricature sketches created in France in 1861. There is currently no biographical information on the creator.
Collection — Container: 1 
Overview This item is a prisoner-of-war camp journal made up of three issues prepared in April, May and July of 1943 by three French internees at the Baltic port of Wismar. There is currently no biographical information on the creators.
Collection — Box: 1 , Folder: 21
Overview This collection includes a student sketchbook owned by Henry Wysham Lanier. The sketchbook includes pencil drawings and was likely created in the 1880s. Henry Wysham Lanier was born in 1873, and was the son of American poet, musician, and author Sidney Lanier who was also a Professor at Johns Hopkins University.
- Subject: drawings (visual works) X
- Special Collections 20
- Peabody Archives 3
- John Work Garrett Library (Evergreen Museum and Library) 1
- Johns Hopkins University 2
- Arrowood, Clinton 1
- Beaudoin, André 1
- Behring, Emil von, 1854-1917 1
- Beneficial Corporation 1
- Berthelot, M. (Marcellin), 1827-1907 1
- Between the Covers 1
- Bowles, Paul, 1910-1999 1
- Bromer Booksellers, Inc 1
- Brown, Bob, 1886-1959 1
- Childress, Robert, 1915-1983 1
- Dunant, Henry, 1828-1910 1
- Edwards & Jones of London 1
- Eury, Roger 1
- Evergreen House (Johns Hopkins University) 1
- Fischer, Emil, 1852-1919 1
- Gavarni, Paul, 1804-1866 1
- Grandville, J. J., 1803-1847 1
- Grauer, Neil A. 1
- Grévin, Alfred, 1827-1892 1
- Guérin, Georges 1
- Heiss, Wilda 1
- Hodson Trust 1
- Hoff, J.H. van 't (Jacobus Henricus), 1852-1911 1
- Homewood House Museum (Johns Hopkins University) 1
- Hufnagel, Johann Siegfried, 1724–1795 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Sheridan Libraries 1
- Kelly, Richard, 1910-1977 1
- Lanier, Henry Wysham, 1873- 1
- Le Chatelier, Henri, 1850-1936 1
- Martin, Marty 1
- Michael Brown Rare Books, LLC 1
- Milne, Walter 1
- Morrison, Murray 1
- Newsom, Hugh Raymond 1
- Newsom, Marjorie Brunton 1
- Office of the Secretary, The Johns Hopkins University. 1
- Ostwald, Wolfgang, 1883-1943 1
- P. Hanson Hiss Manufacturing Company 1
- Planck, Max, 1858-1947 1
- Rontgen, Wilhelm Conrad, 1845-1923 1
- Schillinger, Frances 1
- Schillinger, Joseph, 1895-1943 1
- Schuster, Berthe, active 1912-1919 1
- Snyder, Aleida Jacoba van 't Hoff, 1882-1971 1
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 1
- Steward, Samuel M. 1
- Tanner, Allen C., 1898-1987 1
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989 1
- Toklas, Alice B. 1
- Tyler, Anne 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 1
- Waller, Frederick S. 1
- Weinstein, P. L. 1
- Wilson, Robert, 1922- 1
- Wood, Charles B. 1
- Wright, Stuart, 1948- 1
- Zelig, David, 1840- 1 ∧ less